- 40 whole cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham, leaving a fat layer about 1/4-inch thick. Score ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife. Push cloves into the center of the scored diamond shapes. Place ham with cut side down into a roasting pan.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat, not touching bone, reads 125 degrees F (52 degrees C), about 2 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, whiskey, and black pepper in a bowl until glaze is smooth.
- Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Baste ham with 1/3 the whiskey glaze. Return to oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), basting ham with whiskey glaze every 10 minutes. Cover ham loosely with a tent of aluminum foil if ham browns too quickly.
- Let ham rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Enjoy this Ham for any Holiday or Family get togethers. Bon Apetite!