for 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 shallots
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 ½ teaspoons salt
- 5 lb leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 8 slices garlic bread
- Create the herb rub in a food processor. Pulse the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, shallots, thyme, pepper and salt together until you have a thick paste.
- Spread out the leg of lamb and rub half of the herb rub all over the exposed side of the lamb.
- Roll up and securely tie the leg of lamb together with kitchen twine.
- In the roasting pan, spread out the carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Rest the leg of lamb on top of the vegetables. Pour the rest of the herb rub all over the leg of lamb, spread out so it coats evenly.
- Roast at 450°F (230°C) for 50 – 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 130°F (55°C) for medium rare.
- Remove the leg of lamb and let it rest of 20 minutes before you remove the kitchen twine to carve.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables.