- 600g (1.32 lbs)- Ground Beef
- 400g (.88 lbs)- Ground Pork
- 100g (.22 lbs) Pork Belly or Bacon
- 100g (.22 lbs) Liver
- 1-2 tsp (1 if you use BACON) Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp White Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbl. Marjoram ( GO HEAVY, HEAPING…. really this is where the flavor is!)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 tsp. Pink Salt #1 OR Morton’s Curing Salt
- 500 gr. Ice
- This now all gets run through a food processor. You can use a blender or hand grinder, but the texture will not be as smooth.
- 500g of ice is used, dropping a few cubes (3) at a time, to keep the meat cool. I feel the side of the bowl and when it starts to feel like its warming up, I add a few more ice cubes.
- Note, I like to run mine for at least an hour (each batch). I will stop and take the bowl off the processor and place it in the refrigerator and give the processor a break to cool down. I have a 14 cup Food Processor and all these ingredients will make 2 batches that get processed. I just try to half everything I run through the processor. The more time you give Processing, the more smoother (texture like bologna)
- I place all the processed batches in a bowl and by hand mixed the 2 batches together. This is where you can add any thing you want; red peppers and or green, chunks of cheese, olives etc. you can be creative. (I used a whole Red Pepper in this one. Each and every one I have made now has been different with what I throw into it.)
- Put mixture into 2 loaf pans.
- BAKE AT 350F (180C) DEGREES FOR 40 MINUTES (SUGGESTED), I USUALLY GO NO MORE THAN 1 HOUR
You can add bits of chopped red pepper for added flavor and a nice red speckle through the loaf.